Right to Life ProChoice ProLife
Take 1 Rational/Social (c.e. Human genetic code (c.e.
hermits, babies) cancer cell)
Take 2 Personhood (exc. Human Beinghood (inc.
Problem Unclear why fetus Unclear why fetus counts
for take 2 doesn't count
Problem Unmotivated Unmotivated
2 for take 2
• Seeking treatment for cancer is wrong with the prolife belief that anything with a human
genetic code has a right to life
• "personhood" has a right to life with prochoice
• Unmotivated What does being a person or human being have to do with a right to having
• What is it that makes it wrong to kill things?
• The degree to which it is bad to kill something is proportional to the degree to which it is
deprived of a valuable future like ours
• "Valuable future like ours"
1 Full of valuable 'experiences, activities, projects, and enjoyments'
1 What if an embryo is going to have a shitty life?
1 If it's okay to euthanize an adult or child with that life, then it's
okay to abort the fetus. If it's not, then abortion is wrong
2 Fetuses can have va