STOCKSCH 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Mortar And Pestle, Endosperm, Inflorescence

20 views3 pages

Document Summary

The parts of a flower: purpose of a flower is for a plant to be able to sexually reproduce, designed to attract certain animals (bees, butterflies, bats, birds, vegetative flower parts. Protect the reproductive parts of the flower as they develop (covering) I(cid:374) di(cid:272)ots: flower parts (cid:272)o(cid:373)e i(cid:374) (cid:1008)"s a(cid:374)d (cid:1009)"s. I(cid:374) mo(cid:374)o(cid:272)ots: flower parts (cid:272)o(cid:373)e i(cid:374) (cid:1007)"s. Largely attract insects and birds (bright colors blues/violets attract bees and reds attract hummingbirds) Inside the sepals, colorful, attractant for pollinators. The base upon which the flower develops. Attaches flower to stem: reproductive parts. Stamen (cid:894)greek for (cid:862)thread(cid:863)(cid:895) is the (cid:373)ale part of the flower consisting of a filament and the anther. Anther: found on the end of the filament, produces and hold pollen, inside pollen grains is two cells: one will divide to form sperm cells with fuse with ovules inside ovary.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers