CLSICS 281 Lecture 15: Lecture 15: 11/24

27 views1 pages

Document Summary

Delian league: allied navy, mainly athens, that sweeps the aegean sea: city-states contribute ships, main island is delos (hence the delian league, athenians moves it to athens c. i. These are the places where the treasury (money) was. Money used to pay people for jury duty. Protect route to black sea (their livelihood) c. i. 1. c. i. 2. c. i. 3. c. i. 4. c. ii. Athens begins to force city-states to stay in the alliance c. iii. If city-states begin to revolt, athenians send a colony to that city-state to establish an athenian polis. Peloponnesian league: spartan led land empire: plataea- athenians and spartans battle (proxy battle) Comes up with the use of money from the treasury of the athenian delian league: effective speaker, very influential, tries to convince the athenians to hold out against the spartans c. i. Comes up with a way to suppress the spartans (thucyclides) c. ii. Athens makes long walls everyone moves to athens c. ii. 1. c. ii. 2. c. ii. 3. Sophocles puts on oedipus rex c. ii. 3. a. c. ii. 3. b. c. ii. 3. c.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers