EHS 340 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: International Coach Federation, Health Coaching, Co-Determination

26 views3 pages

Document Summary

What is wellness, wellness is an interaction of 7 dimensions, physical. Internal barriers: personal beliefs, values, and commitment levels. Interpersonal barriers: relationships, role conflicts, family demands. Environmental barriers: access to facilities, availability of exercise venues, climate. Fear that others will see that they are overweight, uncoordinated, or unfit: misunderstanding of how much they enjoy exercise because of a narrow focus on the unpleasant beginnings of exercise, barriers to an active lifestyle continued. Discomfort when we exercise (shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches) Being with others (social support: psychological benefits. Availability (people exercising with you or the path that you want to walk on is clear) Coachi(cid:374)g is (cid:862)part(cid:374)eri(cid:374)g (cid:449)ith clie(cid:374)ts i(cid:374) a thought-provoking and creative process that i(cid:374)spires the(cid:373) to (cid:373)axi(cid:373)ize their perso(cid:374)al a(cid:374)d professio(cid:374)al pote(cid:374)tial(cid:863) Hits 4th dimension (mental) outside of our normal framework, understanding, and perceptions. Self limiting beliefs: change is frightening. I do(cid:374)"t ha(cid:448)e (cid:449)hat it takes to succeed.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers