ANTH 1001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Common Chimpanzee, Terrestrial Locomotion, Hylobates

65 views5 pages
22 Feb 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Homo sapiens human i. ii. iii. iv. v. vi: movements, monkeys move on branches ii, positional repertoire way of movements. Hominoids: apes and humans too hang on branches i. ii. Pr locomotion + posture: what do apes have, tendency towards generalization, orthograde i. Pronograde deep thorax ii. iii. iv: short, stiff lumbar region: acts as a bridge in modern apes i. Contrast with the stuff lumbar area of the apes (with a cheetah: lots of flexion and extension of long lumbar area (cheetah can extend their bodies when running) 2: larger brains for body size, apes: teeth generalized with 5-y cusp pattern on molars i. Owm: biophodont molars, meaning: 2 sets of cusps on the molars with crests connecting them directly across from each other (2 loafs, behavioral biology, perspective of individual: life history strategies i. ii. iii. iv. Growth and maturation (gamering food and parental care) Reproductive effort: mating effort (pre-zygotic effort, parental investments (post-zygotic effort)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers