INLS 151 Lecture Notes - Lecture 22: Personal Information Management, Citeulike, Gmail

34 views4 pages

Document Summary

Related to efficiency and maximization of outcomes: have right information at the right time, time-saving. Intertwined with psychology research (behavior observations, motivations, why do people do what they do?) Focused on finding and saving : get information in hand, what gets tossed vs. kept, backups/multiple copies. Personal information: owned by me, about me, directed toward me, sent by me, experienced by me, useful to me. Forcing workers to get rid of their clutter can be a huge waste of time. You can sit anywhere and work anywhere in the office. People did not cope well with this they brought their own makeshift desks and organizing items. Implications for the design of office information systems : has been studied and broken down into subcategories. No filers vs frequent filers vs spring cleaners. Prioritizers vs achievers vs retrievers: downsides to filing. Assuming that filers can find things more quickly may not necessarily be true all the time.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers