POLI 1501 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Cuban Missile Crisis, North Korea, Russian Roulette

15 views7 pages

Document Summary

Selling na 68: how do we sell this to americans? a. i. Korea provided an example of communism threatening another state a. ii. 2. Legitimitaed the demonstration of the need for greater need for. Us involvement and greater need for government expansion: korean war b. i. Korean war doesn"t really have a concrete ending b. iii. When japan surrenders, the us and soviets are going to temporarily occupy different parts of korea (similar to. Americans will be below 38th parallel, soviets will be over 38 b. iii. 1. c. Idea is to get all japanese armies out, and help rebuild stuff. b. iii. 1. c. i. No intention for permanent divide just different responsibilities b. iii. 1. d. In the rebuilding of the political infrastructure b. iii. 1. d. i. Both declare a true government of the entirety of. At this point, there is a political stalemate b. iii. 1. d. iv. 1. North korea wants to take over the south. b. iii. 1. d. iv. 2. Because they are worried about us involvement (remember, nationalists are in taiwan) b. iii. 1. d. v. North korea invades south korea june 25, 1950 b. iv.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers