POLI 1501 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Gulf Of Tonkin, My Lai Massacre, Tet Offensive

16 views8 pages

Document Summary

Vietnam war: us response to vietcong and northern liberation front a. i. Presented different challenges for us a. i. 1. a. i. 2. a. i. 3. They will try to harass south vietmanese villages a. ii. Initially, the us role was to provide support, logistics and intelligence for south viatmanese a. ii. 1. Evolution of us response to insurgence warfare a. ii. 1. a. i. Based off idea that what allowed north viatmanese to succeed was ease of which you can access the village a. ii. 1. a. ii. Then you can hide in the village and intimidate and harass villagers a. ii. 1. a. iii. Easy for insurgents to go into refuge camps today and recruit a. ii. 1. b. Operation sunrise proposes to make it harder to get into villages a. ii. 1. b. i. The village has fortifactions to make it harder to penetrate into the village a. ii. 1. b. ii. Reduce the north viatmanese to get into the villages a. ii. 1. c. This does not work, because most south viatmanese people don"t move into these new villages a. ii. 1. c. i. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers