POLI 1501 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Yom Kippur War, Iran Hostage Crisis, Six-Day War

39 views8 pages

Document Summary

Problems with d tente: 2 things that create problems with d tente a. i. Created expectations among public that it would end the cold-war. a. i. 1. But d tente was not designed to come together with peaceful relationships with the soviets a. ii. Period in which it was applied people were willing to be less aggressively hostile. But as time progressed, people began to shift the types of approach they wanted a. ii. 1. Didn"t fit some of the changes that us experience internationally that shifted with that people wanted (traditional containment approach) Kissinger still in office as secretary of state and national security advisor: fords presidency is a continuation of nixon"s presidency, 1976 election b. i. People like carter because he has a different background. Carter was a governor of goergia relatively well off farmer before that. b. i. 3. Many people perceived him as being an outsider b. i. 3. a. Carter focuses less on power and more on traditional american human rights and foreign policy b. i. 4. a.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers