PSY 2810 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Discriminant Validity, Internal Validity, Psych

52 views2 pages

Document Summary

Frequency claims how often some thing happens only studies one variable. Association claims linking two claims together does not tell the why just links that the two things are someone related. Causal claims two claims are linked together in the way that one variable causes the other directional claim. You can make any claim that you want too, but that does not mean that it is valid. Validity the appropriateness of a conclusion or decision. A valid claim is reasonable, accurate and justifiable. Convergent validity the extent to which the measure is correlated with other measures of the same or similar underlying constructs a. i. 1. A high level of this means its real: selective the measure should only include aspects of the construct, not the outside components as well b. i. Discriminant validity the extent to which the measure is not correlated with measures of different or dissimilar underlying constructs b. i. 1. A high level of this means its definitional.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers