RELS 3580 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Pulse Diagnosis, Homeopathy, Fokker E.Ii

15 views2 pages

Document Summary

Readings: william sax, ritual and the problem of efficacy (pg. What makes nonrational actions work : problem of religion is the rationality problem a. i. Maybe there"s more to ritual healing than we see a. ii. We know we"re cured because we see the results: ritual is a category b. i. Ex: graduation-physically you"re no different but you feel different b. ii. Ritual healing changes something qualitative about you: can we measure efficacy? c. i. A person may not necessarily be cured through ritual, but it can heal emotional or psychological pressures that change their outlook on their disease and their life. Press discussion: took place in bogota barrios a. i. Patients required to have 1 or more family member with them a. ii. Takes pulse-depending on method, pulse diagnosis can be very specific a. iii. Patients charged differently depending on financial situation and treatment (cause of illness: 2nd healer b. i. Unlike 1st healer, this one doesn"t recognize supernatural and social illness b. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers