HIST 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Glass Ceiling, Nur Jahan, Abu'L-Fazl Ibn Mubarak

50 views5 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Bangladesh: until 1600s, india was not politically united as a country b. i. Western europe"s picture of nobles and vassals etc. b. ii. Land of multiple religions; major are hinduism and islam. b. ii. 1. Kingdoms followed different religions: land of religious diversity and multiple kingdoms. Important kingdom in northern india, called delhi: mixed religion population, but the kings were muslim, new person conquers this kingdom: babur b. i. 1526 moves into north india and conquers delhi. Direct descendant on his mother"s side of genghis khan. Back in 1200s, conquered china, russia, whole big empire. He was a mongol, thus his family/empire comes to be known as mughal b. iii. Dies around 4 years after his conquer of delhi: succeeded by his son humayun c. i. Overthrown by one of his nobles, leaves the country, eventually returns and reclaims his kingdom in 1555 c. ii. Dies in 1556 though of an opium overdose: his son: akbar d. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers