POLS 150 Lecture Notes - Lecture 25: Unintended Consequences, Productive Efficiency

19 views2 pages

Document Summary

Trying to produce @ higher volumes (commodities: more tech, sophisticated, higher val & etc. Some workers will be needed: workers in close proximity to provide accessible pool of labor, migration of population from the countryside to large cities, social mobilization. As transformation occurschanges occur being accepted: diversification of economic system, occupational activities. Introducing greater variety of methods for production i: ways & what"s being produced is diversified e. Partly bc volume & range is larger more stuff+variety inc val of g/s provided/produced: centralization of (complex) economic system. Intro to more decision making process slowing down (stalemate, inaction, too many cooks in the kitchen) more frustration i. Less poli outputs generated: basis for gap hypothesis. Result of more ppl involved who want more from poli system hence more comm systems more poli conscious more education (fr radio, newspapers, tv etc) Increase conscious level of ppl in society h. i. Result of g^ (adds to poli conscious level)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers