POLS 150 Lecture Notes - Lecture 32: Equality Of Outcome, Classical Liberalism, Scientific Method

20 views2 pages

Document Summary

Saturday 12/14 at 2pm pizza & politics--exam review only. Office hrs monday & tuesday 11am-7pm ish: golden age of vernacularization lexicographers, grammerians, philologists, literateurs. Literatures: writers that try to evoke some cultural or emotional meaning a. Inspired by enlightenment (18th century), which itself was inspired by scientific revolution (16-17th centuries) i. ii. iii. iv. v. vi. vii. viii. i. ii. iii. i. i. Political ideological movement where scientific principles are used to see if phenomenon can be addressed/predicted/resolved using those scientific principles. Science is the aggregation of knowledge that has been generated as resulted as some application of the scientific method. Coming up with an idea to use to optimize the quality of life of human beings. To make conclusions & theories ab behaviors of human beings. No luxury of subjecting ppl to some controlled environment: rely on historical events instead. Taking ideologies & trying to conflate perspectives in some sort of national movement.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers