HDF 304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Vasopressin, Tegmentum

30 views3 pages

Document Summary

If all you have is intimacy, that is just liking someone and being close. If all you have is passion, this is called infatuation: thinking about them all the time, obsessive kind of love (not necessarily negative) If you only have empty love, your marriage is void of passion or intimacy. Passionate love: i love you and i am in love with you. Co(cid:373)pa(cid:374)io(cid:374)ate lo(cid:448)e: i lo(cid:448)e you (cid:271)ut i"(cid:373) (cid:374)ot i(cid:374) lo(cid:448)e (cid:449)ith you. A state of intense longing for union with another. Passionate love is a complex functional whole including appraisals or appreciations, subjective feelings, expressions, patterned physiological processes, action tendencies, and instrumental behavior. Put simply, passionate love has cognitive, emotional, and behavior characteristics. Belief the other is the cause of that arousal. Intense focused attention: obsessive thinking, affective (emotional) characteristics, euphoria: a feeling of intense happiness, emotional dependency. Increased energy: behavioral characteristics, seeking proximity, sexual bidding (want physical contact, universal.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers