HDF 371 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Pregnancy Rate, Graduated Driver Licensing

35 views3 pages

Document Summary

Texas has the fifth highest teen pregnancy rate in the nation. 70% of teen moms are single at time given birth. Teen mothers are 6x more likely to be poor. What are the correlates of teen pregnancy: poverty, living in neighborhoods with fewer social and economic opportunities, challenges in school, troubled relationships with peers, poor parent-child communication about sex issues, early sex initiation, positive views toward childbearing. What are the motivations for adolescents becoming pregnant: achieving adulthood, finding a life purpose, having someone to love and who with love you, strengthening relationship with sexual partner. Intergenerational costs: children of teen moms struggle with. Teen pregnancy prevention programs: tee(cid:374) preg(cid:374)a(cid:374)(cid:272)y (cid:1005) of 6 cdc priorities, a (cid:862)(cid:449)i(cid:374)(cid:374)a(cid:271)le (cid:271)attle(cid:863) i(cid:374) pu(cid:271)li(cid:272) health, preside(cid:374)t"s tee(cid:374) preg(cid:374)a(cid:374)(cid:272)y pre(cid:448)e(cid:374)tio(cid:374) i(cid:374)itiati(cid:448)e, reduces rates and disparities in teen pregnancy/birth rates, fund innovative, multicomponent, communitywide initiatives. In texas, schools can only teach abstinence for pregnancy prevention: extensive research shows abstinence-only education programs are ineffective.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers