RTF 307 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Justin Bieber

45 views3 pages

Document Summary

In addition to media economics and politics, one needs to study media organizations, people, and culture. Structure = organizations, traditions, culture, conventions (and economics and politics) Every media occupation (agency) requires socialization into roles and group culture (structure) Economic forces identify the goals and shape the terrain of the decision-making process, but human actors must assess both program and audience to deliver the (cid:862)correct(cid:863) product. App(cid:396)o(cid:448)e (cid:374)e(cid:449)s sto(cid:396)ies i(cid:374) gulf wa(cid:396) (cid:859)91 a(cid:374)d e(cid:373)(cid:271)ed (cid:396)epo(cid:396)te(cid:396)s i(cid:374) i(cid:396)a(cid:395) (cid:449)a(cid:396) Preemption voluntarily assigning an age appropriate warning system; regulations are subject to interpretation, ignoring regulations, challenging regulations. Practices or techniques that are widely used in a field. Media professionals must know the social conventions of their industry. Not arbitrary, result of the routinization of work. Stars and the hit system stars are the physical embodiment of hits, increase the chance of hits, are used to combat the uncertainty. Films with stars will make more money than films without stars.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers