S W 334 Lecture Notes - Lecture 23: Psychological Types, Theory Of Multiple Intelligences, Social Influence

30 views3 pages
17 Oct 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Personality factors: extraversion/sociability, ascendancy/dominance, self-confidence/self-efficacy, openness to experience/risk-taking, hardiness. Internal locus of control: psychologically healthy, resilient, positive coping skills. Patterns or traits: less thinking, more feeling, pragmatism, need for change, nurturance, less aggression, less criticism, sensing, self-acceptance. Myers-briggs type indicator (mbti) personality inventory: based on the theory of psychological types described by c. g. Jung: see(cid:373)i(cid:374)gly (cid:396)a(cid:374)do(cid:373) (cid:448)a(cid:396)iatio(cid:374) i(cid:374) a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s (cid:271)eha(cid:448)io(cid:396) is a(cid:272)tually (cid:395)uite o(cid:396)de(cid:396)ly a(cid:374)d consistent, being due to basic differences in the ways individuals prefer to use their perception and judgement. Judging: prefers planned, orderly way of life; likes to have things settled and organized, feels more comfortable when decisions are made; likes to bring life under control. Perceiving: prefers flexible and spontaneous way of life, likes to under-stand and adapt to the world rather than organize it. Sensing: concerned with what is actual, present, current, and real; notices facts and remember details; likes to see the practical use of things; learns best by seeing.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers