PSCI 3322 Lecture Notes - Lecture 81: Supremacy Clause, Tenth Amendment To The United States Constitution, Implied Powers

14 views2 pages

Document Summary

Can the federal government create the bank of the united states: md imposed a tax on the bank of the united states (early federal reserve, necessary and proper clause, article i sec. 8 doesn"t mention this power: bank of the united states. Lots of corruption: md created a tax on banks. Bank of the united states issued notes (bonds, etc: didn"t pay taxes on those issued notes, article i sec viii lists all powers of congress, very powerful members in the bank, bought and sold members of congress. Does congress have the power to do such a thing: the end has the necessary and proper clause, banks are usually helpful for managing debts and loans. Is it necessary: might not be absolutely, but that"s not what it says, what does necessary mean, convenient, useful, simpler, necessary and proper clause. Flexible provision that gives congress implied powers to carry out powers listed in article i sec.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers