POLS 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Great Depression, Reagan Democrat, Fokker E.Ii

45 views2 pages

Document Summary

Also with post materialism once you get to a certain level of wealth you can vote based on social and not economic issues. In western europe/britain, a stronger link between class and party preference: gender, women approach political issues differently a. i. More sympathetic to government help for the needy a. iii. Tend to be more politically liberal than men a. iv. Women are, however, more conservative than men in some devoutly catholic countries: gender gap- how men and women vote and see voting differently b. i. Not so much that women are becoming more liberal, divide because more men are switching over to the republican party b. ii. 16 point gender gap for clinton in 1996 b. iii. The biggest gap in recorded history (20 point gap) for obama in 2012. 2: voter turnout, who votes and where they live is important to many electoral outcomes, regional voting patterns b. i. Rural: whether people view voting as symbolic or a duty, some democracies require voting d. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers