COMM 3410 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Commerce Clause, Mandamus, Consolidated Laws Of New York

55 views3 pages

Document Summary

Constitutional law: system of rules and regulations that create and enforce duties, obligations, and rights, duty a. i) honesty, loyalty, due care (a. i. 1) (a. i. 2) care. Loyalty, whatever info they give you you will keep secret. Due care: expects you to do something reasonably and with (a. i. 3) Public, society, at large believes this: something that is legal doesn"t mean it"s ethical. c. i) laws are the moral minimum c. ii) Need state and federal because different states have different needs. (a. i. 2) Ex: obama care- debate on the commerce clause. Commerce clause: allows congress to regulate interstate business (a. i. 4. a) (a. i. 4. b) They determine if state laws are constitutional or not, if contrary to the usc it"s invalidated: marbury v madison (1803) Tj wouldn"t let them in d. i)adams tried to fill 30 people in office before the end of his term d. ii) d. iii) marbury was denied a seat and sued d. iv)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers