EVSC 1450 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: American Meteorological Society, Standard Deviation, International Date Line

75 views2 pages

Document Summary

Quizzes: for full credit you must answer 50% of all questions correctly over the course of the entire semester (not for one chapter or assignment) In-class participation questions: for full credit on in-class participation, you must answer. 90% of all questions over the course of the entire semester. Basic terms and concepts for understanding the earth. How we decide what to believe: what is climate? a. The slowly varying aspects of the atmosphere-hydrosphere-land surface system characterized in terms of suitable averages of the climate system over periods of a month or more. -- american meteorological society a. i. Measured as averages over months or more (seasonal variation) a. i. 2. Measured over decades (long term variability and geographic variation) a. i. 3. Climate is not any one day or any month, but the pattern. Climate is what you expect; weather is what you get. -- mark twain b: climates as statistics of weather: c. i. c. ii. c. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers