HIUS 3452 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Functionalism Versus Intentionalism, Mein Kampf, Heinrich Himmler

27 views3 pages

Document Summary

The second world war: the holocaust: origins & early stages, relationship between the holocaust and wwii a. i. Not just same place, same time coincidence a. ii. Industrialized mass murder not in view during the 30"s a. ii. 2. War provides an opportunity to wage war on jews to fulfill a satanic scheme a. ii. 3. War provided means to murder 6 million people in 2 years a. ii. 3. a. War intensified the motive, idea of destroying the jews of. The final solution has a specific time and place and its 1942 a. iii. 1. It was an actual process: why the jews? b. i. Jews have been persecuted since the crusades b. i. 4. a. Jews are not christian in a christian europe, were. Disloyal" to kingdoms, were an easy target b. ii. Viewed as transient, no natural home [as a result of persecution] b. ii. 2. Ordered jews in rome to live in ghettos in 16th century b. ii. 2. a. ii. 2. Insisted jews have distinctive clothes: nationalism c. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers