PSYCH 202 Lecture Notes - Lecture 20: Thought Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder

60 views5 pages
28 Apr 2015
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Electroconvulsive therapy- only used in severe cases of depression where someone is. Persecution (paranoia that someone is trying to harm them) Reference (someone releases a song and the song gives a message to me; tv is talking specifically to me) Grandeur (i"m jesus christ, and i"ve been sent here to save the world from sin) Identity (i"m the goddess of wind and rain) Guilt (think they"ve committed a terrible sin) Control (other people are controlling my thoughts or behaviors: negative symptoms are deficits in functioning and indicate a worse prognosis: Less influenced by medications that positive symptoms: disordered thought in 2 forms, a) formal thought disorder. Word salad : b) disorder of thought content (delusions) May not be incoherent: mood disturbance + schizophrenia, if mood disturbance is present in schizophrenia, it usually presents as flat or. Inappropriate affect: if significant depression or mania in the clinical picture, the diagnosis probably shifts away from one of schizophrenia and toward one of:

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers