WGS 2240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Noretynodrel, Intrauterine Device, Vasectomy

29 views3 pages

Document Summary

Fertility control: aka birth control, contraception, goal is to prevent unintended pregnancy, contraception allows women to decide whether and when to have children c. i. Freedom empowers women to set goals and take control of their lives c. i. 1. Makes a woman more likely to enter and stay in school, to graduate college, to earn a higher salary, to get a job. History: margaret sanger mother of birth control a. i. Cared for a number of women who died from self-infliction abortions a. iii. Decided to violate comstock lack a. iii. 1. a. iii. 2. true. Thought there was no safe way to prevent pregnancies not a. iv. Her baby = the birth control pill a. v. 1. She didn"t develop herself, but was the thinker behind it, pushed for the pill a. v. 2. John rock = obgyn who helped sanger discover the birth control pill a. v. 2. a. Thought that the catholic church would accept this: 1960 enovid = first birth control pill released method (not true) b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers