HORT 2134 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Food Desert, Multiple Choice, Urban Agriculture

28 views2 pages

Document Summary

Unit 15: civic agriculture and urban food production & What is the role of urban residents and urban agriculture in the food system? i. ii. Food security-resilient systems, food safety, access to healthy foods. Food distribution & marketing i. ii. iii. iv. Urbanization and centralization - terminal markets are major distribution hubs in cities. On the farm - production more specialized and mechanized. Usda eventually creates standards for organic, but many think they are weak. You commit to buying a share of produce over the year, pick up some produce every week. Csa works with the farmers to distribute product to consumer. Civic agriculture- a term that describes a particular set of social constructs within which agricultural production and consumption occur i. conventional or mainstream agriculture is primarily concerned with producing as much food as possible for the least cost. Horticulture; plants and the urban environment page 1. The edible portion of the plant must be tasty.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers