MGT 4394 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Deductive Reasoning, Logical Form

37 views1 pages
27 Sep 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Inferences that lead to conclusions based on fact observation a: decisions based on theories of outcome development, based on experiences, cognitive skills, and perceptual understanding, facts drive conclusion. Inductive thinking: acceptance of conclusion based on strength of opinion premise (sufficient for conclusion) a. i. Has to then support the opinion fully: two parts to a basic argument, 1 or more premise (facts or opinion, conclusion, deductive argument progression, questions, facts, conclusion c. i. Was a deductive argument the proper form: ex. Conclusion: if the other person values parking over price than. Restaurant a would be the best choice: the conclusion in deductive arguments are driven by the facts presented. Are they acceptable, relevant, and sufficient: explanation of opinions c. i. Conclusion: we should eat at restaurant a because they have the best mexican food in town. d. i. Opinion: this explanation is sufficient if the person you are talking to likes mexican food d. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers