PSYCH 210 Lecture 3: DQ_3

34 views1 pages
19 Oct 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

I was surprised by the number of guidelines there were for a research report. One takeaway i had was that research can have flaws in many stages and that no research report provides (cid:862)proof(cid:863). These flaws may include imperfect samples, data-input errors, or a lack of information. Whe(cid:374) readi(cid:374)g through a resear(cid:272)her"s report, you (cid:373)ust carefully review the entire body of the report prior to having confidence in the information. I found it interesting to learn that editors and contributors of academic journals sometimes will publish weak reports because the problem it explores is of interest of their readers. I would think publishing a weak report would da(cid:373)age the jour(cid:374)al"s (cid:272)redi(cid:271)ility, ho(cid:449)e(cid:448)er i thi(cid:374)k it (cid:449)ould help build awareness around important topics and issues. This chapter is very useful and a section i believe i will refer back to frequently while evaluating research reports: researchers often examine narrowly defined problems. 3: researchers often conduct studies in artificial settings.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers