Political Science Pol Sci 3403 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Sri Lankan Civil War, Endangerment

13 views2 pages

Document Summary

Constitutional requirements what is required to bring a case to court if you don"t have these things, you aren"t allowed to bring a case to the federal courts a. i. 1. Plaintiff must have suffered an injury in fact an invasion of a legally protected interest which is: a. i. 1. a. Concrete and particularized the person who is bringing the lawsuit has suffered an injury (the plaintiff) a. i. 1. b. Actual or imminent, not conjectural or hypothetical ( certainly impending ?) Can"t be like i think it"ll happen to me . There must be a causal connection between the injury and a. i. 2. the conduct complained of causality the person you"re suing caused the injury a. i. 3. It must be likely, as opposed to merely speculative, that the injury will be redressed by a favorable decision . Redressability there must be a remedy to your issue something the court can make happen (give you money, overturn a law) a. i. 3. a.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers