PSYC 353 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Restorative Justice, Victim Blaming, List Of Bluetooth Profiles

65 views3 pages

Document Summary

Men create higher levels of fear in their victims. Men injure and murder their victims more often than women. Selective (boys/men at greater risk to become violent) Microsystem an individuals immediate environment and those directly interacting with them; (i. e. the home) Macrosystem -- a set of broader social values underlying the way our social institutions are organized; (i. e. gender roles, income level, religious beliefs) Mesosystem links between systems that interact with one another (i. e. , peers, family, schools) Exosystem a set of systems that indirectly affect behavior (i. e. courts, prosecution, police) Chronosystem the time dimension over which all other systems are changing. Chapter 14 only addresses ip violence against women by men. Prevention efforts fall in 3 categories (be familiar with an example from each category**) Can lead to false hopes that participants will change misleading women to stay in violent relationships. May not be intensive enough to be effective.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers