ENGL 006 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Washing Machine, Dependent Clause, Sentence Clause Structure

207 views2 pages
11 May 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

This is the week when the todds go on vacation. (subordinate clause modifies week) After ann made the salad, she set the table. (subordinate clause modifies set) After dan studies, he often watches television. (subordinate clause modifies watches) The complex sentence consists of one main clause and one or more subordinating clauses. The subordinate clause modifies a word in the main clause. Read the following sentences, and indicate whether each is simple, compound, or complex. Example: i"m going to bed early because i"m tired. complex: we rang the doorbell, but no one answered it. _________: i wrote jane a letter while she was away at camp. _________: when miss jones entered the room, we all became quiet. _________: susan likes chemistry, but she likes physics better. _________: since we"ve lost every game but one, no one is excited about football this year. _________: when i"m tired , i"m not good company for anyone.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers