Solve the problem. Check answers to be sure they are reasonable.
The dimensions of a rectangular monitor screen are such that its length is 6 in. more than its width. If the length were doubled and if the width were decreased by 1 in., the area would be increased by 345 . What are the length and width of the screen?
The length of the monitor sceen is ___ and the width is ____
Grade 9 chemistry:
Zinc has a density of 7.13 g/cm3. Nasra takes a small piece of zinc and puts it into a graduated cylinder with 30 mL of water. She sees the water level in the graduated cylinder rise to 58 mL. Help Nasra determine the mass of the piece of zinc. Use G.R.A.S.P. (Given, Required, Analysis, Solution, Paraphrase) to show your work.
Tred, an alien on a planet where |g| = 1.7 m/s 2 , strikes a golf ball giving the ball a velocity of 36 m/s [40 o above the planet’s horizontal]. The ball lands in a crater floor that is 15 m below the level where it was struck. Determine:
a) the maximum height of the ball
b) the time of flight of the ball
c) the horizontal range of the ball
- It is not possible to collect evidence supporting or challenging the standard model of quantum mechanics
- Monotremes have likely undergone an evolutionary history that is distinct from other types of mammals.
- Flaws in the Bohr model of the atom should be used to discredit the idea that all matter is made up of atoms.
- It is unnecessary to research the composition and origin of elementary particles because the Bohr model is accurate.
- People should ignore all evidence indicating that most species of dinosaur went extinct at the end of the Cretaceous period.
- Monotremes are mammals that have significantly different body structures and reproductive strategies from other mammals.
|Scientific Observation||Scientific Explanation|
. Typically, when a person coughs, he or she first inhales about 2.50 L of air at 1.00 atm and 25°C. The epiglottis and the vocal cords then shut, trapping the air in the lungs, where it is warmed to 37°C and compressed to a volume of about 1.70 L by the action of the diaphragm and chest muscles. The sudden opening of the epiglottis and vocal cords releases this air explosively. Just prior to this release, what is the approximate pressure of the gas inside the lungs