INT 904 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Community Development Corporation

53 views2 pages
Module 7 - CED
Is it important to have a variety of approaches to developing enterprise when building up
the community in times of economic crisis?
I believe it is crucial to have a variety of approaches when developing enterprises
especially when building within a community that faces economic crisis. It is like how the
expression goes: “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket”. This is because it is better to have more
than one approach as this can facilitate development. For example, there are certain small
solutions to certain problems and there are drastic changes that are required for other problems.
Furthermore, according to CED (2002), when business operations and assets are diversified,
there is a reduction in risks for the entrepreneurs or organizers as they are not dependent on a
single revenue stream. In all, during times of economic crisis, it is essential to determine
different strategies for different problems in combination to see efficient growth.
How do adult education programs impact the community?
In my opinion, education is essential in order for a community to be successful as I
believe knowledge is power. Within our society, where everything is becoming more technology
based, I believe that adult education programs will be crucial as the workforce is transforming
from manual labour to automation. By enrolling in adult education, one is creating the
opportunity to have access to a higher quality job which entail can improve the family health
outlook because of the higher income. Furthermore, adult education may lead to a domino effect
where their children feel obliged to receive at minimal, the same education level as their parents.
This domino effect is very beneficial as it may lead the new generations to higher peaks. In all,
adult education will open doors of opportunities for the individual which will then develop the
community.
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

I believe it is crucial to have a variety of approaches when developing enterprises especially when building within a community that faces economic crisis. It is like how the expression goes: don"t put all your eggs in one basket . This is because it is better to have more than one approach as this can facilitate development. For example, there are certain small solutions to certain problems and there are drastic changes that are required for other problems. Furthermore, according to ced (2002), when business operations and assets are diversified, there is a reduction in risks for the entrepreneurs or organizers as they are not dependent on a single revenue stream. In all, during times of economic crisis, it is essential to determine different strategies for different problems in combination to see efficient growth. In my opinion, education is essential in order for a community to be successful as i believe knowledge is power.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers