BIOM 4030 Midterm: Adrenal cortex notes

75 views6 pages

Document Summary

Pv nucleus of hypothalamus releases corticotrophin releasing hormone (crh, peptide) and anti-diuretic hormone (adh, peptide) Glucocorticoids and androgens (steroids, nuclear receptors) released. Cortisol (glucocorticoid) negatively needs back onto pituitary and hypothalamus to stop crh, adh, and acth secretion. 1-adrengeric nerves stimulate pre-procrh/adh gene expression and pulsatile release of both. Acth binds acth rc in adrenal cortex (gs-linked) Increased camp promotes cholesterol uptake into mitochondria by stimulating. Matrix is mostly water and cholesterol is hydrophobic needs channel. Peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptor also involved in transport. Cholesterol converted to pregnenolone (p5) via p450 side chain cleavage, which sits on inner mito mem. P5 is(cid:374)"t as h(cid:455)d(cid:396)opho(cid:271)i(cid:272) a(cid:374)d (cid:272)a(cid:374) f(cid:396)eel(cid:455) diffuse (cid:271)a(cid:272)k i(cid:374)to (cid:272)(cid:455)tosol of (cid:272)ell. Secreted by different zones of adrenal cortex. Conversion from cholesterol to steroid hormones (aldosterone, cortisol, and androgens) always starts in mitochondria and usually ends in mitochondria. Glucocorticoids and androgens bind transport protein in blood, (cid:373)i(cid:374)e(cid:396)alo(cid:272)o(cid:396)ti(cid:272)oids do(cid:374)"t. Non-covalently bound to easily detach for cell entry.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers