CHEM 2060- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 10 pages long!)

140 views10 pages
29 Mar 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Last week your group worked on the first step of the external situation analysis, specifically your group looked at how forces in the macro-environment might influence the success or failure of your assigned organization. The industry analysis will involve the following steps: Identification of the industry in which you compete which will include a definition and description. The industry size is equal to the total sales of all the companies who compete against each other in the industry. Is this industry growing or is it declining: porter(cid:859)s fi(cid:448)e for(cid:272)es fra(cid:373)e(cid:449)ork for i(cid:374)dustr(cid:455) a(cid:374)al(cid:455)sis . Pe(cid:272)ifi(cid:272)all(cid:455), (cid:449)e (cid:449)ish to deter(cid:373)i(cid:374)e usi(cid:374)g this framework the degree of competitive rivalry within our industry. Both direct customers your ultimate consumer: what are the substitutes for our product or service. Please note, that substitutes are not direct competitors, but are rather substitutes for your product. I might use a car to get me to school. I could go to school using a bicycle.