EQN 2200 Study Guide - Final Guide: Noxious Stimulus, Learned Helplessness, Forced Exposure

34 views2 pages

Document Summary

Decrease in the size of an innate response to a stimulus after simple exposure to it: human presence, novel sounds (roads, airports etc. , equestrian paraphernalia (bit, bridal etc. ) Process i(cid:374) (cid:449)hich a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s e(cid:454)perie(cid:374)ce results i(cid:374) a relati(cid:448)el(cid:455) per(cid:373)a(cid:374)e(cid:374)t cha(cid:374)ge i(cid:374) behaviour. Sensitisation increase in size of a response to a stimulus after repeasted presentation fear of predator fear of wires following electric shock fear of trailer following injury. Adaptive value: critical to pay attention or react to a stimulus that predict predation, pain or injury. Process that happens when two stimuli of different strengths are applied at the same time reducing a fearful response by simultaneously applying a more salient stimulus. Gradually exposing the horse to the fear eliciting stimulus while letting him habituate at every step. Flooding forced exposure to noxious stimuli for extended period of time with no escape. Should only be used as a last resort.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers