[FRHD 2260] - Midterm Exam Guide - Everything you need to know! (16 pages long)

184 views16 pages

Document Summary

Naturalistic: letting kids play on their own, parents act like a (cid:862)fly o(cid:374) the (cid:449)all(cid:863) I(cid:374)fa(cid:374)ts (cid:272)a(cid:374)"t talk so (cid:449)e do(cid:374)"t k(cid:374)o(cid:449) (cid:449)hat"s goi(cid:374)g o(cid:374) i(cid:374) their (cid:373)i(cid:374)ds: forming relationships, test to see how smart they are: make infants turn their heads; watch how fast they suck on pacifier. Standardized developmental tests: the same test for everyone over time, greatest change. Reliability: does it have some kind of credibility. Same behaviour can be same if replicated. Validity: is question relevant to the study. Habituation: habit/routine, becoming familiar with x, ways of measuring development. Preference paradigm (which of two do they prefer) How smart are you: bayley scales of infant development. Can you get the infant happy and excited and then calm them down. Parents do this with their kids: contingency/operant conditioning. Delayed because time has gone by, the kid has to remember and: memory reproduce it. Reinstatement = briefly rehearse the contingent response.