HIST 1010 Study Guide - Final Guide: Maximilien Robespierre, Catherine The Great, Peter The Great

59 views3 pages

Document Summary

Reformation & counter-reformation; politiques; catherine de medici; st. Bartholomew"s day massacre; henry of navarre; the edict of nantes. Dutch revolt; union of utrecht; william of orange. Henry viii; mary i; elizabeth i; english religious policies; the spanish. Causes; major players; four stages; military advances; aims/resolutions; Chapter 13: 17th and 18th centuries, state consolidation. Parliamentary monarchy; absolutism; james i; charles i; puritans; the. Glorious revolution; louis xiv; richelieu & mazarin; religious policies. Empiricism; bacon; simplicity of nature; descartes; rationalism; hobbes; Witch hunts and superstitions, reasons (economic, social, religious, etc. ) Peasant rebellions; agricultural advances; enclosure act; urbanization (demographic shift), impact on jewish population; middle class. Jenkin"s ear; austrian succession; diplomatic revolution; seven years war. Intellectual and social background; philosophes; print culture; voltaire; deism and religions (christian, judaism, islam); smith; montesquieu; rousseau; Diderot; wollstonecraft; separate spheres; enlightened absolutism; frederick the great; catherine the great.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers