Mathematics
Course
MATH 1080
Professor
Joe Cunsolo
Semester
Fall

Description
Lab Section 02 SOLUTIONS WHITE MATHEMATICS MATH*1080 Lab Quiz #2 W NO CALCULATORS ALLOWED Surname: ______________________________ Initials:________ Lab Section #:______ (PRINT) Student #: Class Section #: ______ 1. Each year a bank deducts $'!as service charges on each deposit account, and then pays 10% interest on the remaining money. Le8 \ denote the amount of money in a specific account at the end of year n. (a) Write a difference equation satisfied by the sequence {\ }. 8 Solution 2 \8+1œ \  '!8 !Þ"Ð\  8!8 Ê 8 \ +1œ \  '!  !Þ"\  ' Ê\ 8+18Þ"\ '' Answer (a) \ 8+18 "Þ"\  '' 4 (b) Write an expression giving the balance of the account athe initial de!oist if\ $8,000. , , Solution 8 œ!  Œ  +8 where + œ "Þ"ß , œ  '', and \ œ )!!! "+ "+ ! \ 8 Ð8''Ñ  Œ !!!  Ð''Ñ Ð"Þ"Ñ Ê \ œ ''!  ($%!Ð"Þ"Ñ 2 ""Þ" ""Þ" Answer (b) \8œ ''!  ($%!Ð"Þ"Ñ8 2. Deternine the strictly positive equilibriums for the difference equation 1 2 2 e =()( \  \ 8" 24 8 8 1 1 # # SOLUTION \ 8" =#% \ 8 8""  \ Ñ Ê \ I I=#% I ) ""  \ Ñ # # 1 () = Ê #%\() "" \  Ð\ Ñ $ $Ê Ð\ Ñ  "" \  #%\ œ ! I I I I I I () \ ÐÐ\ Ñ ""\ #%Ñœ! Ê \ Ð\ $ÑÐ\ )Ñœ! II I II I Ê\ œ$ and œ) (strictly posiAnswerœ$ andœ) 1 I I I I ?\ 8 $. The following is the graph ?\œ \  \ \0Ñ\ " 88 888 2 (a) From the graph, determine the equilibrium valuesof . 8" 8 (a) Answer: 1 0, 6, and "' X113 (b) If"!œ 4, determine the v\l"# of (b) Answer: X103 \8 1 \)"# X10-1 \8" 8 ? 8 \œ\\œ $ ? X11-1.2 "" "! "! \"#œ \"" ?\ ""œ $  "Þ# œ "Þ) PLEASE TURN OVER SOLUTIONS WHITE LQ2-02-W & %. A % drug is administered evehours in doses ofm g. The drug is neutralized at an exponential rate with decay rate constant 5 = 0.2 . Not all the drug is neutralized before the next dose is administered. Denote by EÐ>Ñ the amount of drug in the patient's system at time > hour
More Less

Related notes for MATH 1080

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit