ZOO 3050 Study Guide - Final Guide: Optic Vesicle, Bone Morphogenetic Protein 4, Gamete

115 views53 pages
13 Apr 2017
Department
Course

Document Summary

Zoo*3050 lecture final study guide (compound chart at the bottom of the guide) The process of developing a less specialized cell into cell with a more distinct form and function (ie. more specialized). Juvenile to adult development (puberty) a. i. a. ii. a. iii. Metamorphosis: what do gene knockout and knockdown allow for? a. i. They allow scientists to manipulate the genes expressed by making a gene inoperable (ko) or reducing its expression (kd) M-phase, or mitotic phase, cell growth stops and cell divides. G-phases, g1=cell increases in size, g0=resting phase, g2=continuous growth. It adds to genetic variation (gametes that are different from one another - crossing over in meiosis prophase 1. Meiosis - 2 cell divisions without intervening dna replication. There is only dna replication in meiosis 1. Reduction division = going from 2n to n. Mitosis - happening at every cell division: how is dna translated into protein? a. i.