ECON332 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: The Foreign Exchange, Expected Return, Interest Rate

87 views6 pages

Document Summary

The value of all fi(cid:374)al goods a(cid:374)d ser(cid:448)i(cid:272)es produ(cid:272)ed (cid:271)(cid:455) a (cid:374)atio(cid:374)"s fa(cid:272)tors of produ(cid:272)tio(cid:374) i(cid:374) a given time period. In an open economy, gnp equals the sum of consumption, investment, government purchases, and the current account. Open economy (open to trade) vs. closed economy (autarky) Gnp = c + i + g + ca. I expenditure by firms on buying buildings, equipment etc. Ca expenditure by foreigners on domestic goods (exports) minus the spending by locals on foreign goods (imports) Adjustments to gnp: depreciation- loss of income to capital owners due to wear and tear, depreciation is unbiased, unilateral transfers payments made to expatriate workers sent to their home countries, foreign aid, pension payments to expatriate workers. The final value of all goods and services that are produced within a country in a given time period. Gdp is equal to gnp minus net income from foreign countries for factors of production. Value of output (cid:449)ithi(cid:374) a (cid:272)ou(cid:374)tr(cid:455)"s (cid:271)orders.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers