HLTH 210 Midterm: 3- Aging Summary

85 views17 pages

Document Summary

Physiological basis of aging: general concepts/definitions, theories on aging, normal declines in multiple systems with aging (i. e. primary aging, disorders/diseases associated with aging (i. e. secondary aging, attempts to slow aging. Senescence biological aging at the cellular and organismal. To sum it up, aging is a complex process composed of several features: an exponential increase in mortality with age physiological changes that typically lead to a functional decline with age. So, i define aging as a progressive deterioration of physiological function, an intrinsic age-related process of loss of viability and increase in vulnerability. Gerontology is the study of the aging processes and individuals as they grow from middle age through later life. Lifespan: age at death for individuals, maximum lifespan, highest documented age for a species. Life expectancy: average years of life for a species (canada m8, w84, healthy life expectancy, average years of life in good health free from major disease, injury, or limitations on activity.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers