Course
Professor
kathanjani01 and 38932 others unlocked
PSYC 101 Full Course Notes
PSYC 101 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
55 documents

Document Summary

Social psychology- the study of the causes and consequences of sociality. Social behavior: aggression- behavior whose purpose is to harm others. Do it as a way of getting the resources they want. Frustration-aggression hypothesis suggests that animals aggress when and only when their goals are frustrated: i. e. The robber wants the money (goal) but the teller ahs it all locked up (frustration), so the robber threatens the teller with a gun (aggression) Hypothesis is considered incomplete because psychologists suggests that it is all part of the negative effect that increases aggression: i. e. when rats are electrocuted and put in cage, they attack anything. Both biology and culture plats a role in determining if and when people will aggress: biology: Brought on by a challenge to their integrity. Instrumental aggression: hurting another to accomplish another (non-aggressive) goal (i. e. A mother spanks a child to discourage him from repeating a tantrum) Women more prone to jealousy in relationships.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers