Study Guide - ASPD and Psychopathy
1. How does one qualify for a diagnosis of ASPD in the DSM-1V?
2. What is novel about Tremblay & Nagin's view of the adoption of aggression? What evidence do they proffer?
3. What developmental precursors to ASPD are indicated by Lynam? What is each of these?
4. What personality factors related to ASPD have a genetic component according to Livesley's study?
5. How does one qualify for a diagnosis of ODD in the DSM-1V?
6. What is the "life prognosis" for ASPD boys according to Robins?
7. Do all conduct disordered children go one to become ASPD? Why or why not?
8. What was the methodology of the Concordia Longitudinal Risk Project? What makes this methodology
9. What were the key findings reported by Serbin?
10. What is meant by assortative mating? Did the Concordia study find this?
11. What was the methodology of the Dunedin Cohort Study? What makes this methodology superior?
12. What were the key findings reported by Moffitt et al?
13. What were the main risk factors for AS behaviour?
14. What is NEM? What are its key psychological components? What does it predict?
15. What distinctions does Mof