84. is a strategy for generating as many alternative courses of action
as possible while withholding criticism and evaluation.
c. Cognitive dissonance
85. Systematic problem-solving involves
a. generating alternative courses of action.
b. listing only plausible resolutions.
c. focusing on guaranteed solutions.
d. focusing on emotional outcomes.
86. Seeking social support is considered a(n) -focused strategy of constructive
87. Which of the following statements about seeking help from others is NOT true?
a. Social support can help buffer the deleterious effects of stress.
b. Some people have more social support than others.
c. Social support is generally considered a stable, external resource.
d. Many people are reluctant to acknowledge their problems and seek help from
88. Actively seeking help is seen as disruptive to group cohesiveness in European-American
89. Reactions to stress are across cultures, and actively seeking help across