POLS 237 Study Guide - Comprehensive Final Exam Guide - United States Constitution, Wisconsin, Trust Law

117 views63 pages

Document Summary

Comparative method: looking at the similarities and differences in each state. State and local governments shape how, whether, and to what extent you are able to pursue your interest. Public colleges and universities are created and supported by state governments. State governments require that taxpayers subsidize the operation of these educational systems; tuition only covers a portion of the actual costs of a stude(cid:374)t"s edu(cid:272)atio(cid:374). What is demand: interest group in the area (example: nra, home owner association) those that affect policy. Interest group is a group of like-minded individuals who pressure to push something. Tr(cid:455)i(cid:374)g to (cid:862)fi(cid:454)(cid:863) the pro(cid:271)le(cid:373) i(cid:374) the i(cid:374)put se(cid:272)tio(cid:374) Describing what the interest group does in the demand section. Laboratories of democracy: devolution and the limits of government. You need to understand that to understand how you are impacted as a person. Devolution: more control to state and local gov. 3 q"s (cid:455)ou could use this (cid:373)odel to e(cid:454)plai(cid:374)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers