PHILOS 146 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Complete Metric Space, Numerical Cognition, Intuit

103 views4 pages
18 Aug 2016
School
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Cannot be denied without contradiction d. iii. 1. body is not extended. General representation - what is common to several objects, may be contained in different objects f. ii. Presentation may be indistinct, but concept is still distinct. f. ii. 1. Content of concept remains the same, we can just distinguish better what is in the concept. g. intuition g. i. g. ii. Singular (re)presentation: a priori intuition (prolegomena sec. 7-10) h. i. h. ii. h. iii. singular/particular representations that can justify a priori truths. Contains nothing but the form of sensibility, pure intuitions of space and time. Can intuit things a priori, but still only as appearances: why true propositions of geometry are synthetic a priori, on the possibility of a priori synthetic judgments (pro sec. Math is not analytic, following from the principle of contradiction a. i. 1. a. A synthetic proposition can be comprehended according to the principle of contradiction if you suppose another synthetic proposition from which it follows.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers