CAS NE 202 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Transient Global Amnesia, Umbilical Cord, Hyperthymesia

105 views10 pages

Document Summary

Study guide chapters 5-9: endogenous vs exogenous attention, endogenous a. i. Voluntary attention- for example, directing your attention to stimuli at the request of research administrator: exogenous b. i. Reflexive attention- for example, if a loud noise came from behind you: dorsal and ventral attentional control systems you would attend to it, concept that there are two separate attentional networks in the brain a. i. Intraparital sulcus (ips)/ frontal eye fields (fef) regions responsible for controlling these top-down voluntary shifts a. ii. Temporal parietal junction (tpj) / ventral frontal cortex (vfc) responsible for stimulus driven control: covert vs. Overt attention: high degree of overlap in attentional networks, covert b. i. Not involving eye movements, shifts in attention are similar to saccadic eye movements, but your eyes don"t move. b. i. 3. Study: frontal eye field stim influences v4 in covert attention b. i. 3. a. Monkeys asked to attend to a fixation point in visual field and attend to bars in visual field.