SMG IS 223- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 63 pages long!)

122 views63 pages

Document Summary

Information is now considered equally if not more valuable than natural resources. Information is currently a new revolution, similarly to that of agriculture and the i(cid:374)dustrial re(cid:448)olutio(cid:374): (cid:374)o(cid:449) (cid:449)e are i(cid:374) (cid:862)the i(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374) age(cid:863) Printing press was the first major innovation. Technology grows at an exponential rate, advances happen much more rapidly. Changes in organizations and society: megatrends, mobile computing, many believe we are living in a post-pc era. In the developing works, mobile devices often leapfrog traditional. Implications include increased collaboration, the ability to manage business in real time, and new ways to reach customers. Increased collaboration: consumerization of it consumer devices, consumers are able to bring/buy their own it devices without the additional interference of companies. Increases security concerns as well as additional monitoring of. Byod which can disrupt flow of information (pc to mac: social media, creates a global community, connections both personal and professional i(cid:374) (cid:449)ays you other(cid:449)ise (cid:449)ould(cid:374)"t.