CAS SO 207 Study Guide - Status Attainment, Primary Sector Of The Economy, Human Capital

98 views6 pages

Document Summary

Key concepts in dominant-minority relations (4 concepts: distinguish between individual analysis and group analysis (psychological vs. sociological) and trace connection, thought vs. action relationships, individual level: prejudice vs. discrimination, group level: ideological racism vs. institutional discrimination. Generalizations that are thought to apply to group members: affective prejudice, we can say someone is prejudiced to the extent that they use stereotypes in his. Divided campers into two groups (rattlers vs. eagles) and competed, expressed negative feelings (prejudice) against other group. Sherif attempted to reduce harsh feelings and bring together groups, but they just expressed their enmity. Doyle and aboud (1995) found prejudice was highest in kindergarteners and decreased by third grade. To close kinship by marriage, to my club as personal chums, to my street as neighbors, to employment in my occupation, to citizenship in my country, as visitors only to my country, would exclude from my country. We rank the same from year to year (northern europeans, poles, and.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers